Vegetables with Lemon Goat Cheese Sauce
Author: Seasoned With Chaos
Serves: 6 as main dish
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends removed and cut into approx. 2 inch sections
- 2 heads of broccoli, chopped
- 2 leeks, top and bottom removed and sliced into thin slices (if you cut the leek in half, you'll have a flat edge on the cutting board to stabilize while cutting half moon shaped slices)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp Avocado or Coconut oil
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour or arrowroot powder (for gluten free version)
- 2 cups broth
- 6 oz goat cheese
- 2 small lemon
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup cashews, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, zucchini, leeks with your chosen oil, garlic, sprinkle with salt, and toss together until the vegetables are evenly coated. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes, tossing every 10-15 minutes.
- When the veggies in the oven have about 10 minutes left, steam broccoli and asparagus in a steaming basket for approximately 5 minutes or until they are bright green and you can easily puncture them with a fork.
- While the broccoli and asparagus steam, add butter and flour/arrowroot powder to a medium sauce pan over med-low heat, whisking together.
- VERY IMPORTANT STEP: Slowly pour broth into pan, while whisking. If you add liquids to a butter/flour base too quickly, it will create biscuit-like clumps.
- Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil. Continue to boil until the sauce is creamy enough to coat a spoon.
- Add goat cheese to the pan and whisk until smooth.
- Squeeze juice from the lemons into pan and mix.
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl, gently stirring until sauce evenly covers all vegetables.
- Scoop desired amount into bowls and top with chopped cashews and green onions.