* This recipe could easily be made gluten free by substituting gluten free tortillas and gluten free starch
Chicken Enchiladas with Vegetables
Author: Seasoned With Chaos
Serves: 8 large servings
- 4 cups spinach, sautéed
- 2 large chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 can diced mild green chiles
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, pepper jack, etc.)
- 1 8 oz container sour cream
- ½ cup of plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. flour or gluten free starch (arrowroot powder, etc.)
- 16 oz chicken broth
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 packages large tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread oil or butter on a 9x13 baking dish to prevent tortillas from sticking to the pan.
- In a large bowl, combine all "sauce" ingredients.
- Put half of the sauce in another bowl and set aside.
- Add all "filling" ingredients listed above to the large bowl of sauce and stir until sauce is evenly covering all ingredients.
- Spoon equal amounts of filling into the 12 tortillas, roll and place face down in baking dish.
- Pour the remainder of the sauce evenly over the top of the rolled enchiladas.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes or until warmed throughout.
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Wait 10 minutes and serve.